"This is adventure safari travel at its best!"
This activity is a combination of a dhow safari with sea kayaking and enables you to go sailing up wide coastal river mouths packed with red listed bird species and unspoiled mangrove forests, all over the Quirimbas Archipelago. This is the ultimate activity for adventurers. Snorkel off empty white sandbanks into azure waters and nap in portable Eco fly camps on unpopulated tropical islands.
Go sailing in tranquil, peaceful, flawless and turquoise water with white traditional dhow sails to break up the endless view on the horizon.Pick between a Dhow, kayak or dive safari – or a combo of everything. These safaris are run by a pro guide who is very knowledgeable and highly experienced in these waters, and travel on a stunning 12 meter dhow built to Arab designs with Mozambican skipper, crew and chef on board. A team to whip up seafood extravaganzas around the camp fire is also there!
The crew is able to conjure up fresh seafood and traditional cuisine over an open fire under the beautiful starry African night skies on a deserted island.
Ibo Island Lodge has been involved actively in northern Mozambique and Ibo Island for more than 19 years and with this knowledge the lodge is able to offer a truthfully exceptional island hopping experience for those seeking a relaxing time out on a beautiful tropical island and cultural exploration.
Guests on a quest have the option of piecing together scheduled departures or tailor making their own explorations.The standard itinerary includes 4 nights island hopping by dhow or kayak and 3 nights on land at the Ibo Island Lodge. These trips are ideal for families or groups of friends!
There are 32 beautiful tropical islands to explore, incredible diving and snorkelling in one of the last remote parts of the Southern African seashore.
The following is all included:
- Tailor made or scheduled departures
- Brilliant sea kayaking conditions
- Paddle fiberglass kayaks
- Up to 20 paddlers
- Fully supported by dhow and crew
- Expedition paddling trips available
- You design your itinerary
- Crew/boat at your disposal
- Island hopping & explore tropical bliss
- Stunning snorkelling over untouched corals.
- Combine with sea kayaking and dhow sailing
- Red listed bird species and mangrove forests
- 12 meter dhow with pro guide and crew
- Eco mobile camps on islands and beaches
- Fresh seafood and island cuisine
- All safaris include a stay at Ibo Island Lodge
- Can combine with other lodges